Our Faith Statement
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Our Faith Statement
- We believe in one God that always was, always will be, ever present in three divine persons; the FATHER, the SON and the HOLY SPIRIT. (Matthew 28:20, Deuteronomy 4:35, John 17:5, 1 John 5:7, John 16:7-10)
- The Bible is completely inspired, without error in its original writings, and is the authoritative Word of God. It cannot be added to, subtracted from, or superseded in any regard. The Bible is the source of all doctrine, instruction, correction, and reproof. It contains all that is needed for guidance in godliness and practical Christian conduct. (2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21, Proverbs 30:5, Isaiah 40:8)
- In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, that He died in our place so that our sins could be forgiven through the shedding of His blood. We believe in His bodily resurrection from the dead, His ascension into heaven, and that He is seated at the right hand of God the Father. We believe in His personal bodily return in glory and power to receive unto Himself all those who believed. (John 1:1, 1 John 1:1-4, John 8:58, John 17:5, Colossians 1:15-19, Philippians 2:6-11, Hebrews 12:2, 1 Corinthians 15:52, 1 Thessalonians 4:16, 2 Corinthians 5:21)
- In the Deity and present ministry of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God,the Lord and giver of life, who was active in the Old Testament and given to the Church in fullness at Pentecost. He empowers the saints for service and witness, cleanses man from the old nature and conforms us to the image of Christ. The baptism in the Holy Spirit, subsequent to conversion, releases the fullness of the Spirit and is evidenced by the fruits and gifts of the Holy Spirit. (John 15:26, Acts 1:8, Acts 5:3-4, John 4:24, John 3:3-7, John 16:13, Titus 3:5, Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 3:16, Ephesians 1:13, 1 Corinthians 12:4-11, Luke 11:13, Matthew 7:7-11, John 1:32-33, Acts 2:1-4, Acts 2:38-39, 1 Corinthians 14:1-5).
- That all have sinned, are lost and deserve hell; and the only hope is to place one’s faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. And to know that eternal life is granted based on what He did, not what we do. Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven or to the Father. (Romans 3:23, 1 Kings 8:46, Psalm 51:5, Romans 6:23, John 1:12, John 14:6, John 19:30, 1 Timothy 2:5, Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5, Romans 5:15, 1 John 5:13)
- That there are three things that remain: FAITH, HOPE and LOVE and the greatest is love. That the two most important things for us to do is to first love the Lord our God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength; and second to love our neighbors as ourselves. (1 Peter 5:10, Romans 5:15-20, Romans 3:24, 1 Corinthians 16:14, Colossians 3:14, 1 John 4:7-8, 1 John 4:10-12, 1 John 4:16-21, John 13:34-35, Matthew 22:37-38, Deuteronomy 6:5, Deuteronomy 30:6, Mark 12:30-31)
- It is Christ’s commission to preach the gospel to every creature, and to make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19-20, Matthew 10:8, Mark 16:15, Psalm 145:11-12)
“There is one Body and one Spirit…there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism and one God and Father of us all…” Ephesians 4:4-6
In non-essential beliefs, we have liberty.
“Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters…Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls…So then each of us will give an account of himself to God…So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God.” Romans 14:1 Romans 14:4 Romans 14:12 Romans 14:22
In all our beliefs, we show charity.
“…If I hold in my mind not only all human knowledge but also the very secrets of God, and if I have faith that can move mountains – but have no love, I amount to nothing at all.” 1 Corinthians 13:2