Job Listing

Job Listing

Lead Pastor

 Role Overview

The lead pastor will serve as the spiritual and directional point person and primary communicator for Christ the Rock (CTR) De Pere Church. He will serve alongside the elder team in overseeing ministry leaders and the congregation. This individual will be gifted in shepherding, teaching the Word, and visionary leadership, so as to lead the church in executing the mission and vision of CTR.

Qualifications

  • Committed, passionate, and compelling personal relationship with and genuine love for Jesus Christ and His Word
  • A man of integrity, spiritual maturity
  • Personal daily worship, study, and prayer
  • Calling to preach and teach the Gospel
  • A good steward of resources
  • Accepted God’s call into pastoral ministry and meets the biblical qualifications described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
  • Wholehearted agreement with CTR’s Statement of Faith
  • Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Bible college or university is preferred
  • Previous pastoral experience

Knowledge, Skills, Abilities

  • Strong understanding of scripture, theology, apologetics, and expository preaching
  • Effective oral and written communication skills
  • Problem-solving and conflict management skills
  • Naturally connects and relates with people from all walks of life
  • Demonstrates leadership skills and able to develop other leaders
  • Primary Spiritual Gifts: Serving, Exhortation, Leadership, Faith, Discernment, Teacher, Helps, Evangelist, Pastor, Mercy

Responsibilities

  • Identify, recruit and develop key ministry leaders
  • Provide vision, support and leadership for the staff and congregation
  • Initiate and facilitate efforts to serve, enrich and reach the surrounding community including the St. Norbert College Campus
  • Provide leadership, input, and support to church wide initiatives as needed
  • Serve as an elder on the elder board and lead elder meeting.
  • Plan and lead worship services through Bible study, preparation, and planning
  • Preach and/or Teach on Sunday Morning Service. Preaches approximately 75% of the time and equips and encourages others to preach the other 25%
  • Responsible for overseeing and planning the Sunday morning worship services with other ministry leaders
  • Consistently seek God’s will for the direction and vision of the church
  • Lead and work with the Ministry Purpose Team to give vision, teaching, and direction for the ministries in the church
  • Shall be responsible for providing weekly administrative oversight and direction for and paid staff
  • Perform baptisms, wedding, funerals, pre-marital counseling
  • Spend time in personal study and research to stay on the cutting edge of Christian leadership, church health, culture and biblical teaching
  • Respond to question/criticism or delegate follow-up of critical matters or events that happen within the church
  • Develop relationships and communicate with the church family
  • Provide counseling for people within the church as needed
  • Perform home and hospital visitations as needed
  • Network with others pastors in the community

Availability:

Lead pastor is a full time position, available 40+ hours/weeks, maintaining regular office hours and otherwise available to the church family on an as needed basis